ProvideX - The next level in business application development.
ProvideX from Sage Software is more than the perfect blend of powerful, intuitive, and versatile software tools.
In reality, it provides a one-stop development environment. Your customers need platform independence, data integration, connectivity, tools and strategies for adapting to new-breed technologies - with ProvideX, you are ready to take your applications to the next level.
ProvideX Development System
ProvideX comprises, in itself, all the tools and facilities necessary to build and implement sophisticated business applications - applications that are ready to accommodate industry-standard technologies and a variety of host platforms.
- High-Level Programming Language - ProvideX is easy to learn, easy to use, easy to maintain and very-well supported.
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) Environment - a fast interpreter and fully-integrated toolset shortens production time and saves system resources.
- Object-Oriented Programming - design and develop modular programs using OOP-specific language and syntax elements for greater flexibility and maintainability.
- Robust Data Handling - the native multi-user database/file system supports multiple file types and generous file sizes.
- External Data Access - built-in interfaces allow for transparent access to external databases, such as Oracle, DB2, and Microsoft SQL server.
- External Controls - language extensions provide support for industrystandard technologies, including DDE, DLLs, and OCX/ActiveX/COM controls.
- PDF Generation - create files compatible with Adobe Acrobat and other PDF readers.
Designed for cross-platform compatibility, ProvideX is the ideal development environment for distributing applications over multiple target operating systems, platforms, and devices:
AIX, SCO (OpenServer, UnixWare), HP-UX, Sun Solaris, DG-UX, and FreeBSD
Caldera, Debian, RedHat, Slackware, SuSE, and Mandrake
- Microsoft Windows
95, 98, Me, NT4, 2000, Server 2003, XP, and Vista
Mac OS X
- Mobile/Handheld Devices
Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) for PocketPC, Palm, BlackBerry, Nokia, etc.
ProvideX supports a variety of processor editions to meet your specific performance requirements:
- x86 (Intel, AMD)
- x86 64-bit (Intel EM64T, AMD Opteron)
- Motorola 88K
Technical Roles include:
- Programmers / Developers / Analysts
- Software Engineers
- Performance Testers
- Database Administrators / DBA
- Systems Administrators
- Project Managers/Leads
- Web Developers
- Quality Assurance Analysts
- Database Developers
- System Architects
- Network Administrators
- IT Directors