Profile ID: 9214
David is a leader that thrives on helping organizations plan for and execute enterprise-level change. Through his strong technical background David can quickly gain the respect of the technical team, and through his ability to simplify complex technology solutions in business value terminology can successfully align IT with department and c-suite leaders.
• Fixed critical projects which were behind, and put them back on schedule for Marketing, Member Services, and Commerce Services company. Post success the company wanted to extend its in-house technology services. David defining a roadmap, and architecture and lead a team that built a series of new SaaS platforms (Universal Billing System, Universal Merchandise System, and eCommerce services) that allowed an added 5% to the overall company revenue. These new systems resulted in an additional automation that supported 20% YoY growth while reducing operating costs.
• Hired to help build out a global IT department to support major accounting firms global network which consisted of 30,000+ employees, across 100+ countries. Through strategic planning, and collaboration with multiple global partners David was able to build a high-performing IT team that provided value-add global services at a 20% savings and help support 20% YoY organizational growth and integrate 90+ countries to a common network, security, and software systems
• The organization needed Davids help in transforming a dysfunctional software delivery team, to a team that is rooted in delivery excellence, and ability to build a strong foundation. Within one year David was able to transform the delivery team around a common SDLC (Software Delivery Life Cycle) and build an enhancement roadmap that focused on building out automation that increased margins by 10%.
• From past success, the organization requested David to lead the entire IT organization, and provide similar transformation, and demonstrated value for all of the IT services. Within two years David was able to reduce the IT costs by 5% while reducing the technology downtime by 50%. Additionally was able to bring forth a three-year roadmap that would continue the reduction in overall costs, while increasing capabilities
• David is an avid reader and goes to the gym 3x a week. Currently reading “A mind at Play: How Claude Shannon Invented the Information Age,” and recently completed; Chaos Monkies, Elon Musk biography, The Innovators Dilemma, Business Adventure: Twelve Classic Tales, Seven Brief Lessons on Physics, The Innovators, HP Way, and Next 100 years
• Throughout Davids career, he has consistently maintained less than 1% attrition rate from his IT teams, and this has been accomplished by being transparent, having a people first mentality, setting teams up for success, and always focusing on helping people grow
• David has a BS in Computer Science and is currently looking for a company that needs help in evolving their IT organization. With his daughter leaving for college, David can relocate as needed for the right opportunity.
• 20+ years of leadership with expertise in:
- STRATEGIC PLANNING & EXECUTION
- ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE DELIVERY
- DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND AUTOMATION
- SAAS and BPAAS SERVICE DELIVERY
- DATA AND NETWORK SECURITY
- DATACENTER, NETWORK, INFRASTRUCTURE
- AGILE AND RAD METHODOLOGIES
- SOFTWARE DELIVERY LIFE CYCLE (SDLC)
- GLOBAL NETWORKS AND COMMUNICATIONS
- RISK MANAGEMENT AND INFORMATION SECURITY
- WEBSITE, ECOMMERCE, B2B, B2C
- VENDOR MANAGEMENT
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND GOVERNANCE
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- DESKTOP, END USER SUPPORT
- CLOUD AND HYBRID CLOUD INTEGRATION
- BUDGET OVERSIGHT
- ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE