Back to List
Profile ID: 9065
Warehousing, Distribution and Supply Chain industry.
David has worked in the Warehousing, Distribution and Supply Chain business units for the A.P. Moller – Maersk organization for 19+ years. During this time, David worked to help grow the company from 2 warehouse facilities in California to 22 warehouse facilities across the USA and Canada with revenues of over $300,000,000.
- Worked on two acquisitions which added additional business, warehouse facilities and IT systems to the company
- Championed the design and implementation of a $8,000,000 enterprise-wide, web-based customer visibility, transportation and third-party logistics system, supporting the real-time update of critical freight information, including destination, transportation, container drayage and yard storage, transload, cross-dock, DC bypass, and UCC128 label creation operations.
- Administered and tracked IT budgets of up to $7.0 million, ensuring development and corporate goals were met.
- Researched, selected, and implemented a tier-one warehouse management system across 10 facilities spanning the U.S. and Canada, completing initiative on-time and within budget.
- Increased productivity by leading the successful deployment of an automated carton sortation system at a California warehouse, doubling capabilities to handle 70,000,000+ cartons annually; oversaw the subsequent implementation of a carton sortation system at a New Jersey site.
- Maintained seamless business operations across sites internationally and domestically by troubleshooting and resolving complex system issues.
- Captured $2,500,000 in cost savings subsequent to the acquisition of DSL-Transportation through a 30% headcount reduction and systems retalitionization while maintaining seamless business operations and ensuring critical project milestones were met.
- Collaborated with the sales team in developing and delivering IT and systems presentations to prospective customers, including The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Columbia Sportswear, Hewlett-Packard, Rayonier, Staples, Macy’s, Canadian Tire and Target Canada.
- Held full responsibility for managing IT operations, charged with providing systems and support to 22 warehouse and transportation facilities and two corporate offices in North America.
- Realized $500,000 in cost savings by identifying need and introducing outsourced programming services to a U.S.-based company; oversaw the outsourcing of programming to a sister company in China and a third-party programming entity in India.
- Developed website incentive system for a national automotive client with interactive voice response technology, resulting in better sales person training and higher sales person qualifications for sales incentives.