Profile ID: 9108
Paul is a hands-on IT leader skilled in the implementation and execution of computerized systems, IT operations, human capital, process improvement, and the engagement of technology professionals. For the past 19 he years has been an ambulatory, hospital and health system CIO. With consulting roles in public transportation and the medical device industry.
Prior IT experience was in the financial services industry where he worked as an AVP, IT Director, project manager and developer. Highly process oriented with superb communication skills and a clear focus on, IT road maps, architecture, operations, project management, governance, compliance and budgeting.
- IT strategy vision & roadmap
- IT project management
- Applications Development
- IT Team Development
- Vendor Management
- Datcenter operations
- Network operations
- Data Security, PCI & HIPAA
- Datacenter Virtualization
- Cloud Architecture
- Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
Relevant Professional Highlights:
- Slashed costs by millions. Improved IT functionality and reliability. Rolled out high performance enterprise solutions. Drove continuous process improvements.
- IT reorg saves millions for a transportation organization. Brought in as a IT Leader to lead a restructuring. Eliminated silos and tightened controls. Implemented an Innotas project management platform. Streamlined processes. Cut headcount by 25 FTEs, saving $1M annually.
- Built a cybersecurity operation. Serving as an interim Leader at a transit organization, saw serious unmet cyber threats. Overcame resistance and a limited budget to create a robust cybersecurity department to identify threats and repel incursions. Prevented intrusions, protected the agency’s reputation and ensured uninterrupted service.
- Standardized SDLC methods. As a IT leader, discovered that inconsistent SDLC practices were causing chaos and cost overruns. Developed a unified set of processes and shared SDLC roadmap. Improved efficiency, functionality, reliability and on-time delivery while saving millions in potential costs annually.
- Led many successful software implementations as the chief architect while being able to sell either a purchased or in-house build solution to subordinates, peers and superiors.
- Authored several Disaster and Business Continuity plans for organizations.
- Was tapped to comment on the drafted HIPAA Regulations by New Jersey State Government and have been a HIPAA Security and Privacy Officer since the effective date of the regulations on April 14, 2003
- Has been able to improve IT customer service satisfaction surveys and reduce IT spending at employed organizations.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Bachelors from Fordham University in Political Science with studies in Computer Science.
Masters from Fordham University in Public Affairs with a concentration in Statistics.
Recent professional development training includes certifications from Stevens Institute of Technology in Healthcare Leadership and from IBM in Project Management.
Currently completing studies toward Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Formerly served as President, VP and Secretary of the Health Information Systems Management Association.
Board Member and Treasurer of NJ Health Information Management Systems Society.
Authored an article for Enterprise Networking Magazine, “CIO Viewpoint: The Job of Cybersecurity is Presently Addressed as an Additional Duty.” (http://www.enterprisenetworkingmag.com/cioviewpoint/the-job-of-cybersecurity-is-presently-addressed-as-an-additional-duty-nid-220.html.)